5.12.2009

parenting for imbeciles

i am a mama. its who i am, its what i do, its why i can't wear a two piece bathing suit.
i will not be blogging on this primarily in my blogging future...if i was gonna do that i would have named this blog site...snack tits... or meal breasts...or...mommy's lil blog... LAME... i will save most mama talk for other mamas...but... i also warn that it does contribute to some of my opinions and i am with my girls constantly so they will come up in my conversational writings...

i do not consider myself to be an expert on parenting...but i do consider myself a good parent. if you are a parent and you dont consider yourself a good parent then i would add 'shouldn't be a parent' to your description. ok.... before you poop your pants.... let me explain myself.

i consider myself a good parent because i am concerned with the well-being of my children and do things to better them and their lives. i try to be a good example, i am aware of my faults and that i am not perfect, yet i know that i can choose to try my damnest to be a good role model thru my actions and how i teach my children to behave in general and towards others. ok that being said.... if you say...'i'm not a good parent' then whats stopping you? it doesn't take money...schooling...or fruit snacks....if you dont think you are a good parent then you shouldn't have kids....cuz you will ruin the ones that you are lucky to have.

ok... so lets continue on this rant of mine...

i title this next portion...kids these days...
kids these days... and in 'the old days' for that matter... need parents. ok... so no kidding captain obvious.... so let me explain this statement further...
loin fruit does not need best buddy parents...they need parents...period. i feel like parents want to be the cool parents that other kids envy....if you have bought your underage child alcohol or smokes...you should be punched in the face...i will do it if need be. kids will drink and smoke if thats what they want to do... but why in the world would you do something illegal for your kid thats not good for them in order for them to like you? good grief...it just instills the idiotic notion that you have to be on some substance to have a good time... it can make for a fun time... but isn't necessary... if it is necessary in order to make you interesting... you should get a life ya loser. are you gonna let your underage kids bf or gf sleep over at your house? kids are gonna have sex if they wanna get it... but... teach them to protect themselves... dont provide them a place in which to wiggle on top of eachother with your blessing.... they can do it in the car like the rest of us had to when we were that age...ha.
if you have to be 'totally cool' then save it for your friends... remember them? they are the people that are old enough for fun immaturity. give the kids to a babysitter and have sweet fellowship tied together with a game of grab ass with your friends that you didn't give birth to/make your poor woman give birth to.

i would love for my kids to respect me and even like/love me :)...i want them to admit that i am thier mom and even be interested in my opinion sometimes...
but... if some days i hear 'i hate you mom'... or 'you are ruining my life' i will consider my role as a parent sucessful.
if i actually wanted to 'ruin your life' i would put you in toddler/child beauty pagents.

done. go back to work.

2 comments:

  1. amen. the best part is our parents "ruined" our lives all the time while we were busy being stupid teenagers and now we are THANKFUL for it! crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps my blog is all mommytalk....bc i am not as creative as you. please feel free to ignore it!:)

    ReplyDelete