6.01.2009

scam... or... best invention ever ever?

i love infomercials and home shopping network. love them. i get sucked in and if i dont realise it i can watch them for like an hour....

now for a personal side note:

i just purchased... 'strap perfect' because i felt like i needed them in my life. they are these lil plastic things for brassiere straps. i didn't get them from tv. i got them from target....but i have been coveting them off the televison for quite some time now. i am not disappointed.... they do in fact do what the commercial promised that they would do.

ok. now... to tell of all the things off infomercials and hsn that i want/need/prolly will never ever buy cuz i dont really need it(specific names are not...uh....specific)

1. debbie something green bags... my produce wishes that i owned these.
2. ultra smooth hair remover things... uh... i'm not a super hairy person but still they seem kinda neat... also i am kinda scared of these cuz i imagine it to be just sandpaper...
3. point and paint...i feel like this looks extreemly easy and wonderful... i have nothing that needs painting...but i feel that i could find something just so i could use this...
4. oh my goodness i just thought about that one ladder that used to always be on tv. like that you could use on the stairs and stuff and it was just amazing. i could use one or two of these for all my ladder needs...which are... uh... many....(seriously since i was like in my early teens i have been drawn to this ladder...i am not kidding)
5. oooohhhh that one drill thing that helps you take out rusty screws and things...fascinating....
6. that stuff that fixes scratches in your glasses....i clearly don't wear glasses...but...
7. that mineral makeup that seems to miraculously make you look amazing...it disturbs me how that one fat chick keeps piling on more and more of the makeup...but... i gotta say... her face doesn't look half bad when she's done...
8. the jack something juicer....i mean...he puts a whole friggin apple in there...and like veggies and some how it tastes good and just leaves like a tsp of pencil shavings after its done... it just is too incredible...
9. the food dehydrator.... uh... dried fruit? delicious! any veggie in a chip form...delicious and nutritous!
10. i saw this like full length mirror that you can open up and its a jewelry box....why is this not in my life???

ok... i think thats enough of my 'wants' for now...

here are some things that i think no one should ever buy:

1. a snuggie: go to your closet...find your robe... and put it on backwards....really are blankets that hard to handle? if they are hard for you to use then you are stupid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h05ZQ7WHw8Y
2. bendaroos: wax covered wires for your kid to play with?!?! seriously?!?!
3. i saw a house that had one of those upsidedown planters hanging from thier porch....(its on kalamazoo between 52nd and 60th if you wanna take a look) it looks super ridiculous. if you really think this is something you need hang it in your backyard. it isn't cute.
4. those water globe things for plants: if you can't water your plants buy plastic ones. those globes are about as decoratively beautiful as those gazing balls people put in thier front yards.... seriously why do people like those? cuz they look like a bowling ball in a bird bath.

here is another funny you tube thing...(slap chop...modified)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brKBB7Y6jdQ


ok.. i dont feel like typing anymore.

done. go fly a kite.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Green bags - you can purchase them at Meijer. They are fantastic.

    2. I have also been secretly looking at those bra strap thingies.

    3. I love bare minerals makeup....but I don't buy it over the television. I buy it at Smooch in EGR. I also like buying it there because I like the name Smooch.

    4. I also want an incredible juicer that I can juice whole apples and leafy greens in...but they are usually 1 trillion dollars.

    5. I also want a dehydrator - I am looking to buy a cheapie one to see how good it works.

    6. I get sucked into HSN allllllllllllll the time..mostly the kitchen stuff. I don't share this with anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty funny, Beki - I "lol"ed... I usually hate that expression, but I did, I actually lol-ed, so I thought it was appropriate.

    I can't watch the commercial for "Bendaroos" without snearing my lip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your next gift card from me will be for the TV stuff!! Maybe I will bury it in a container of Oxi-Clean! LOL~!

    ReplyDelete